simOMPL.createStateSpace()

Typically: "How do I... ", "How can I... " questions
Jas

simOMPL.createStateSpace()

Post by Jas » 14 Sep 2018, 15:20

dear all
Sorry for this question but I could not find the meaning of
local j3_space=simOMPL.createStateSpace('j3_space',simOMPL.StateSpaceType.joint_position,jh[3],{-170*math.pi/180},{170*math.pi/180},3)
particularly the the last index 3. In OMPL plugin the function simOMPL.createStateSpace(), it states that 3 stands foruse ForProjection (int): if true, this object position or joint value will be used for computing a default projection.

fferri

Re: simOMPL.createStateSpace()

Post by fferri » 21 Sep 2018, 11:01

The synopsis for the simOMPL.createStateSpace function is:

Code: Select all

int stateSpaceHandle=simOMPL.createStateSpace(
    string name,
    int type,
    int objectHandle,
    table boundsLow,
    table boundsHigh,
    int useForProjection,
    float weight=1.0,
    int refObjectHandle=-1
)
Where parameters mean:
name (string): a name for this state space
type (int): type of this state space component (see simOMPL.StateSpaceType)
objectHandle (int): the object handle (a joint object if type is simOMPL.StateSpaceType.joint_position, otherwise a shape)
boundsLow (table of float): lower bounds (if type is pose, specify only the 3 position components)
boundsHigh (table of float): upper bounds (if type is pose, specify only the 3 position components)
useForProjection (int): if true, this object position or joint value will be used for computing a default projection
weight (float, default: 1.0): (optional) the weight of this state space component, used for computing distance between states. Default value is 1.0
refObjectHandle (int, default: -1): (optional) an object handle relative to which reference frame position/orientations will be evaluated. Default value is -1, for the absolute reference frame
The parameter you are referring to (useForProjection) is a boolean.

I don't know where you find this usage where a value of 3 is passed to it, but it doesn't make sense.